It’s officially 2016 and I have already broken one of my New Years resolutions. Whoops. Looking back, a lot has happened in 2015, but here are a few of my favorite moments from the year:
- Sure, I’m in massive debt as most students are in this economy, but I left with a strong sense of accomplishment and an even better work ethic. The friends I made at UC Santa Barbara are all unique and memorable probably for the rest of my life. There were some bad moments, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Come, I have plenty of crazy stories to tell.
- job after job after job
- I had three jobs since graduating, 4 if you count the freelance IT work I did on temp. With Hulu falling through my fingers, getting laid off at eMC, and quitting my last job at GCMG, finding a job is painless, staying is hard. No worries through, I have a job interview at yet another marketing company within the area. Hoorah?
- buffoonery with my best friends
- I got to see my friends more in 2015 than in any other year. I made it a priority to head back home more my last year at Santa Barbara and I’m glad I did. I realize everyone (notably Julian and Garza) is going on ten years plus and there’s no end in sight to our friendship. They have my back and are looking out and that’s by the best realization from this year. Multiple parties and nights fueled by alcohol cumulates to a strong sense of brotherhood. “They my bros” and I’d take a bullet for them… or at least slow it down so it’s not fatal.
What’s not to like you may ask?
- I met this girl at Garza’s Halloween party. Putting it mildly and quoting Kanye West, she’s a “gold digger”. Garza says she’s not so bright and I wholeheartedly agree. Who decides to fail a class than to get a C??? I’m really really hoping she stops calling in 2016. Fingers crossed.
- No job = no money. Problem: bills need money. My sizable debt is shrinking, but money is always an issue.